- Day 1: Welcome to Lima & city tour
- Welcome to Peru! Upon your arrival, our representative will be waiting for you at the arrival gate of Jorge Chavez International Airport to transfer you to your hotel. Once you arrive at your hotel, you will be provided with check-in assistance and an explanation of the program. In the afternoon we will start a city tour of colonial and modern Lima. The places that we will visit include Huaca Pucllana-which was a ceremonial and administrative Pre-Incan building-the Cathedral of Lima, Francisco Pizarro’s Tomb, the catacombs of the San Francisco Monastery, the National Congress, and the Palace of Torre Tagle. Later see the modern neighbourhoods of San Isidro and Miraflores where we will enjoy great views of the Pacific Ocean. The tour will finish at a popular park in the commercial area of the city, where you may like to sample some of Peru’s exquisite cuisine.
- Overnight stay in Lima.
- Meals: Sample some of Peru’s exquisite cuisine (not included)
- Day 2: Flight to Cusco & city tour View Gallery
- In the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel and be taken to Lima International Airport where you will take a flight to Cusco. After a short flight you will arrive in the land of the Incas. Cusco is located in the highland zone of Peru, 11,200ft above sea level. Our staff will meet you at the arrival gate of the airport. You will be warmly welcomed and transferred to your hotel.
- Our tour of the city of Cusco will start in the afternoon. Visit the Cathedral of Cusco located on the Plaza de Armas. It is dominated by renaissance style architecture and contains an important collection of paintings. We will then go to Qorikancha, known as ‘The Temple of the Sun’; one of the most impressive Inca constructions in Cusco. Later visit the impressive archeological Inca complexes such as Sacsayhuaman, Q’enko, PukaPukara, and Tambomachay. In the evening enjoy a nice dinner in one of the many nearby restaurants
- Overnight stay in Cusco
- Meals: Breakfast
- Day 3: Sacred Valley tour
- Your private transportation will pick you up to start a day tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Our first stop will be the town of Pisaq, an amazing Incan archaeological site which boasts magnificent terraced fields. Among its crops are a wide variety of corn, kiwicha and hundreds of potato varieties. We will also get to visit the town’s traditional market, famous for its beautiful handicrafts; local people and their customs have not changed much in this place over the last 300 years. Enjoy an exquisite buffet lunch while surrounded by the Andes Mountains. After lunch, we will go to the Incan village and archeological site of Ollantaytambo. Incredibly, most of its buildings which were built by different Incan rulers, still remain today. Finally, we will take you to the train station where you will take a train to the town of Aguas Calientes. Once in Aguas Calientes, our staff will be there to escort you to your hotel.
- Overnight stay in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
- Day 4: Machu Picchu tour View Gallery
- In the morning, we will start our tour of the sacred Incan citadel of Machu Picchu. Our private tour of one of the Seven Wonders of the World will last for 2 hours. We will explore the mysteries and magic of the sacred Incan citadel of Machu Picchu by visiting the many different zones of the city and its main attraction like the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sundial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of Three Windows and various cemeteries. Have lunch at the restaurant located at the entrance to Machu Picchu. Go to the train station from where you will start your return to Cusco by train. Upon arrival at the relevant train station, a member of our staff will escort you to your hotel in the city of Cusco. Overnight stay in Cusco.
- Overnight stay in Cusco.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch.
- Day 5: Cusco farewell
- Today you will leave Cusco, so depending on the time your plane departs, our representatives will take you to the airport. Once you arrive at the airport, our program will conclude
This luxury Lima to Machu Picchu tour is an unforgettable tour which includes visits to the most beautiful attractions in Lima and Cusco, as well as a spectacular trip to Machu Picchu. In Lima, witness the transformation from the old colonial and traditional Lima to the thriving and modern capital it is today. In Cusco, we will enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Sacred Valley. You will then take a train trip to Aguas Calientes.
Take the bus to the gate of majestic Machu Picchu, where we will witness a spectacular sunrise.
- Day 1: Welcome to Lima & City tour
Transfer to your previously selected hotel. Check-in assistance and program briefing will be provided. Take a City tour of colonial and modern Lima.
Overnight stay in Lima.
- Day 2: Flight to Cusco & City Tour
Flight from Lima to Cusco. Our staff will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. You will be able to enjoy the charming city tour of Cusco on your own in the afternoon.
Overnight stay in Cusco.
- Day 3: Sacred Valley tour
Travel into the Sacred Valley of the Incas and the town of Pisaq, famous for its traditional handicraft market and impressive ruin. Later travel to the wonderful cultural reserve of Ollantaytambo and take the train back to Aguas Calientes.
Overnight stay in Aguas Calientes
- Day 4: Machu Picchu tour
Take an early private tour of Machu Picchu, where you will witness the grandeur of the lost city of the Incas and enjoy an exquisite lunch at the gates of Machu Picchu. We will then take the train back to Cusco.
Overnight stay in Cusco.
- Day 5: Cusco Farewell
Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the airport will be provided. Departure from Cusco.